You are here: The Method / Lean Decision Quality®
LEAN DECISION QUALITY®
The decision-making methodology to always be relevant
Lean Decision Quality® is a set of techniques, processes and tools needed to: develop skills, improve internal and dynamic processes and overcome analytical organizational and knowledge complexity to design virtuous strategies and business models that are scalable and sustainable over time.
LDQ is an evolution of Stanford University’s Decision Quality methodology – successfully applied for over 40 years in Pharma, Oil&Gas, Manufacturing and Telecommunication, etc. – in Lean format. It is a more versatile and more straightforward application and, at the same time, practical, to exponentially increase the ability of organizations to make effective and profitable decisions, creating sharing and “well-being” for all its stakeholders – internal and external.
Based on Science and Neuroscience, this is the only method, which combines decision-making with the empowerment of people, stimulates a systemic mindset and helps make strategic forward-looking decisions.
LEAN DECISION QUALITY® GOAL
- Accelerate the definition or redefinition of your Business Strategies for new objectives
- Always define the right direction in a world in rapid and unpredictable change
- Increase Performance by leveraging Collective Intelligence and Maximize the Value of Investments, reducing risks
- Enhance the potential of internal and external resources to create Exponential Shared Value and always be Relevant
The Lean Decision Quality® is a tool not only for executives but also for all employees using the same language on how to achieve the objectives set in the most effective way and in the shortest time possible. The method enables, in a virtuous cycle,
- The Decision Makers to create the suitable internal environment, the right mentality and provide the most appropriate tools
- The Dream Team to generate confidence, consistency and commitment in Decision Makers providing value solutions
LEAN DECISION QUALITY® METHOD
The decision-making process allows for the definition, objective development and quality decision-making.
- Step 1: what I am deciding. It defines the real goal, the timing, the budget, the values, the risks and the dream team, assigning roles and responsibilities. It also verifies the consistency of the objective with identity and strategy.
- Step 2: what my strategic decisions. We proceed to the construction of the decision frame developing the objective, defining the strategic decisions useful for our purpose and involving internal and external stakeholders for the collection of reliable information
- Step 3: what my choices. Through the initial idea, new possibilities are generated to add value and reduce risks through a creative phase. For each alternative, a rational is defined as why the alternative is convincing.
- Step 4: what I know and what my reasons. For each alternative, through an analytical phase, reliable information is collected to support. The main uncertainties are defined; the other options are analyzed and compared with the values and risks, and then the best one is chosen.
At the end of each step, the quality achieved is evaluated through a checklist. The total quality you will get will be attributed to the step with the lowest score.
Create an enduring, harmonious and synergic link between goal, purpose and strategy. The Identity – Vision, Mission, Culture & Structure – and the Company Strategy, accompanies the definition and objective development along its entire path to generate a continuous alignment. Inconsistent objectives are unsuccessful.
The Commitment to Action is a crucial phase that allows transforming the potential value of an alternative into real value, passing from thinking to acting.
Step 5: resource allocation and action. Once the best possible choice is reached, an operational plan is defined, allocating human and financial resources.
FROM TOP-DOWN TO DISTRIBUTED DECISIONS
With the Lean Decision Quality® method, the decision-making finds a new approach conceived to integrate the purpose, the values in a harmonic and synergic process with the skills and attitudes of the people, the strategy and the objectives. A multidisciplinary collaboration environment creates new ways of thinking, behaving, deciding, doing business, and creating “fertile soil” for the company’s sustainable development over time.
THE METHOD. THE MINDSET. THE RESULTS.
The Lean Decision Quality® method allows you to define, structure and develop the goal, align it with the corporate identity and strategy, to find the best possible solution and maximize its value through
- Processes that allow defining decision centres, roles and precise responsibilities to generate commitment, collaboration and sharing of objectives to reduce implementation time, break organizational silos and guide you, step by step, towards quality decisions
- Toolsets to create valuable insights, facilitate decisions, mitigate cognitive biases, and increase performance and productivity
- Diversity allows you to engage the right people who work on the right problem in the right direction. Encouraging the comparison of different experiences, skills, and ways of thinking allows you to see the problem from different angles and reduce overall uncertainty in small components – according to the “dividi et impera” approach. In this way, each individual involved in the decision will contribute within their area of competence: different people bring different skills and experiences to the decision-maker or decision-making process. Active involvement will also produce Engagement – motivation to make and feel part of.
The application of the method to business objectives allows to develop Governance based on three principles:
Trust – means creating the conditions for people to be authentic and valued for their skills and knowledge, adding value to decision-making and pursuing a common interest/goal
Respect – means recognizing the rights of other people who think differently from us – Cognitive Flexibility – and accepting ideas that come from all levels of the company, considering them valuable and strategic to allow an organization to prosper
Responsibility – means taking responsibility for pursuing the common good and for one’s organization. Create an environment in which roles and responsibilities are clear to everyone, generate commitment, collaboration and goal sharing, and produce shared value solutions. The application of the method to business goals allows to develop a Governance based on three principles:
The daily application of concrete objectives, methods and principles, respecting shared vision and values, allows to develop collective and adaptive leadership
- A new culture, based on critical, creative, collaborative and systemic spirit
- Systemic mindset, new ways of thinking, behaving, deciding and working
The new DNA of organizations, generated from the Method, developed through the principles and finalized in Culture/ Mindset, thanks to collective leadership and adaptive development, will act as an accelerator in terms of performance, productivity, collaboration, and systemic impact.
Internalizing the Stratego method as a mindset allows you for continuous adaptation and anticipation to help your organization fully shape the future.
ANY STRATEGIC DECISION TAKEN TODAY
IMPACT THE FUTURE OF YOUR COMPANY TOMORROW.
The differentiating values of the Lean Decision Quality® method
- Turning ideas into successful Strategies and Action Plans
- Identifying risks and best opportunities
- Finding solutions to complex problems quickly
- Enhancing soft skills, training Resilience, Systemic Thinking and Foresight
- Developing the ability to make long-term quality decisions with high levels of uncertainty and high organisational impact
- Consolidating the ability to create highly effective teams and develop adaptive and collective leadership
- Creating motivating and happy working environments based on continuous improvement and entrepreneurship
- Learning strategic, easy to use and replicable tools that integrate perfectly with your working methods
DO YOU ALWAYS WANT TO BE ONE STEP AHEAD?
- Strategy and business model transformation
- Launch of new products and new initiatives to diversify the offer
- Opening up to new markets and opportunities
- Creating a competitive advantage and increase profitability
- Getting out of a stalemate/crisis
- Creating highly performing teams
- Implement effective and efficient processes
- Promoting entrepreneurship initiatives and continuous improvement